Today, there are currently 0 residents in the facility that are actively positive for Covid-19.
The safety and wellbeing of our residents is our top priority. We are doing what we can to limit the spread of COVID-19 within Oakwood Care Center, including staying in very close communication with local and state health officials to ensure we are taking all the appropriate steps under current circumstances.
We are taking steps based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to reduce the spread and impact of COVID-19, such as:
- Enhanced infection control precautions
- Screening residents, staff, and essential visitors for expanded list of symptoms
- Restricting visitation and entry of people to the building
- Testing staff and residents for COVID-19 based on current protocols and availability of tests
- Postponing communal activities
We also understand that connecting with family members is incredibly important to our residents. Family members are encouraged to connect with their loved ones through video chat, calling, texting, or on social media.
If you would like to communicate with your loved one, please reach out to Faith Moukazis at 410-687-1383